ADVANCED TECHNIQUES WITH PERSONAL CARE
It is generally acknowledged in the dental industry that maintaining a practice in one community for over twenty years is a testament to the highest standards of dental care. Dr. F. Anthony "Tony" Rich has set those standards as a practicing Dentist in Newport Beach. Upon graduating from the University of Southern California School of Dentistry in 1978, he immediately opened his Dental Practice in Newport Beach. Today, Dr Rich will apply the most advanced techniques whether it is zoom whitening, veneers and lumineers; or the more complex procedures of crowns/bridges, root canal therapy and periodontal surgery.
PROFESSIONAL STAFF & RELAXING ATMOSPHERE
A California native, he grew up in Southern California and fulfilled his life long dream of being a dentist. Today, as a practicing Dentist in Newport Beach CA, Dr. Rich's mission is to improve the overall oral health of his patients using the highest standards of professional dental care. He will often tell you that a healthy mouth is basic to your overall health and that maintaing your oral health will support healthy systems throughout your body. Dr. Rich's dental skills and artistic abilities have improved the smiles and promoted the oral health of over one thousand patients. He takes pride in quality dental care, is committed to prevention and practices a conservative approach to dentistry.
ACCEPTING MOST DENTAL PLANS
Dr. F. Anthony Rich's techniques, and his patient's routine hygene and regular dental exams, have helped his patients retain their natural teeth and minimize expensive, complex and invasive dental procedures. Dr. Rich also understands the relationship with his patients is based on trust so he strives to develop a personal relationship with each patient. Whether young, old or somewhere in between, you will appreciate his professional yet personal manner. Call Dr. F. Anthony, Dentist in Newport Beach, for an appointment today and he will create a beautiful smile you will share for a lifetime.
QUALITY, COMPREHENSIVE DENTAL CARE
Dr. Rich personally provides quality family and general dental care as a dentist Newport Beach has trusted since 1997. Dr. Bhakta has provided services related to the general maintenance of oral hygiene and tooth health to patients as young as 18 months old to as old as 96. Dr. Rich considers regularly scheduled dental visits to be the first level of defense against dental problems. Like the American Dental Association (ADA), he recommends that you visit for a checkup two times each year. At these visits, he and his staff will provide dental examinations, routine or deep cleanings and scheduled X-rays to eliminate plaque buildup and prevent tooth decay. Dr. Rich's patients have found these dental checkups can detect and prevent problems long before the onset of symptoms may appear. However, if structural damage to your teeth as a result of tooth decay, wear or trauma exists, Dr. Rich will provide dental fillings to repair damage to the structure of a tooth or teeth.
Your Family Dentist Newport Beach
- Periodic Examination, Cleaning and Hygiene: The basis of sound dental care is routine cleaning maintenance. Dr. Rich recommends a scheduled dental examination and cleaning every six months. Included as part of your dental examination will be a thorough cleaning your teeth. Your cleaning will be customized based upon the health of your gums, bone structure and teeth. Through the use of an ultrasonic or sonic scaler and hand instruments to complete the fine hand scaling, Dr. Rich will remove both the harmful plaque and calculus. Other treatments such as medicated gels or prescription mouth rinses may be used in problem areas if necessary. Most importantly, you and Dr. Rich will discuss and develop a daily oral hygiene routine that will keep your smile healthy and attractive. Dr. Rich is a family dentist Newport Beach has trusted since 1997.
- Fillings: Tooth decay (cavities) is a common, yet preventable, problem for people of all ages. Our first priority is to minimize the risk of tooth decay through your periodic examinations and establishing good, daily oral hygiene routines like brushing and flossing. However, the reality is that today 95% of adults, and 50% of children in the United States are affected by tooth decay. In treating tooth decay, Dr. Rich uses the most advanced techniques and materials to ensure your total comfort and that your filling is durable and natural looking. Dr. Rich will discuss with you several options for tooth restoration including tooth colored composite filling materials and cementable resins and porcelains. No matter which material and procedure works best for you, the end result will be your healthy and beautiful smile.
- Sealants: The Division of Oral Health of the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends sealants as part of a child's total preventive dental care. Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings that are applied to the grooves on the chewing surfaces of the back teeth to protect them from tooth decay. Most tooth decay in children and teens occurs on these surfaces. Sealants protect the chewing surfaces from tooth decay by keeping germs and food particles out of these grooves. Applying sealant is an easy three-step process and can help prevent tooth decay for up to ten years.
Your Cosmetic Dentist Newport Beach
Cosmetic dentistry, though not a formal dental specialty, is generally referred to those procedures that improve the appearance of your teeth rather than their functionality. Dr. Rich offers cosmetic dentistry services in Newport Beach that will improve the appearance of your teeth, mouth and smile. His advanced training in cosmetic dentistry at the University of Southern California and his extensive continuing education training have equipped him with the skills and experience to transform your smile. While much of cosmetic dentistry is primarily for elective – or desired – treatments, it may also provide restorative benefits. For example, replacing old fillings with porcelain will more closely match the color of your teeth, but, it may also contribute to overall oral health. Dr. Rich is up to date with the many technological advancements in natural-looking dental materials and cosmetic techniques. And today, many of the cosmetic dental treatments are more affordable and predictable. Dr. Rich will always utilize conservative cosmetic dentistry techniques to preserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible. Call Dr. Rich for a free consultation and see how he can embellish your smile and boost your self confidence.
- Teeth whitening: Everyone loves a bright, white smile. The FDA reports that whitening restores natural tooth color and can even whiten beyond the natural color if you so desire. Today there are a variety of products and procedures available to help you improve the color of your teeth. Some whitening procedures are done in our office with one visit, while other less effective whitening agents can even be purchased over-the-counter. Dr. Rich will consult with you as to whether bleaching gel, bleaching strips, bleaching pen, natural bleaching, or one of the other teeth whitening procedure works best for you.
- Veneers: A veneer is a thin shell that is placed over the front or visible parts of the tooth. Veneers are an option for closing gaps or covering discolored teeth that do not respond well to whitening procedures. There are two types of veneers, ceramic veneers that are produced by a dental laboratory and resin-based composite veneers. If veneers are the right solution for you, Dr. Rich guarantees your new veneers will greatly improve your appearance and increase your confidence for years to come.
- Invisalign Braces: Invisalign is the best way to transform your smile without interfering with your day-to-day life. It is a method of orthodontic treatment which uses a series of custom made, clear, removable teeth aligners that are an alternative to traditional metal dental braces. Each aligner is individually manufactured with exact calculations to gradually shift your teeth into place. Dr. Rich is trained to provide Invisalign treatment in Newport Beach and believes if you are ready to improve your smile, Invisalign might be the answer for you. Call for free consultation
- Tooth reshaping and bonding: Tooth reshaping and bonding are separate procedures that Dr. Rich can use to improve the appearance of a tooth or teeth. These procedures can be used to repair a small chip, improve the shape or positioning of a tooth, and correct crooked teeth. These procedures are fast, effective and can sometimes even be a substitute for braces.
Your Restorative Dentist Newport Beach
Dr Rich DDS is probably most noted as a dentist in Newport Beach for his restorative dental skills. Dr. Rich has years of experience in the diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases of the teeth and their supporting structures. Restorative dentistry primarily addresses procedures that would not be considered optional. Correcting broken, uneven, chipped, or missing teeth; gum inflammation, and other similar problems are not cosmetic procedures. Left uncorrected problems such as these can lead to gum disease and serious health problems. If damaged or missing teeth change the alignment of your structure, the result can be a variety of symptoms including headaches, earaches, teeth grinding, or temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ). With restorative dentistry, Dr. Rich can correct your bit, thus ensuring the health of your teeth, jaw, and jaw joints. Many of the restorative procedures in which Dr. Rich excels are listed below. Call Dr. Rich and discuss with him how he can restore the normal function of your teeth and the aesthetics of your smile.
- Bridges: A dental bridge is a fixed partial denture anchored to neighboring teeth that replaces one or more missing teeth. Bridges can, restore your smile, restore the ability to properly chew and speak, distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth, and can prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position. The missing tooth or teeth are replaced by a natural-looking prosthetic (replacement) that is held together by the teeth on either side of the missing one(s). Dr. Rich will generally prescribe a bridge when one or more teeth are missing and there are healthy teeth on both sides of the open space. With proper care, a bridge will increase your overall health and instill confidence for years to come.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are often an option for patients with missing teeth. Dental implants are replacement tooth roots that provide a strong foundation for permanent or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth. In most cases, anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant. Dr. Rich will consult with you whether dental implants are appropriate for you. A dental implant is considered a conservative treatment and if it right for you, rest assured, your new tooth or teeth will have excellent stability and strength, and will look and feel like your natural teeth.
- Crowns: A crown is a type of dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant. Crowns are often needed when a large cavity threatens the ongoing health of a tooth. Crowns can also be placed on dental implants as described above. With the new technology of today, Dr. Rich can create a crown using high-strength ceramic and porcelain with beautiful cosmetic results that crown will increase your overall health and instill confidence for years to come.
- Dentures: A denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues. There are two types of dentures; complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are used when all the teeth are missing, while partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. Dentures prevent the sagging of facial muscles and enable you to eat and speak normally. If you are in need of dentures, your dentures will custom-made in a dental laboratory from impressions Dr. Rich takes of your mouth. Our goal is to prevent the need for dentures, but if they become necessary, Dr. Rich will make sure your dentures feel and look as natural as possible.
- Inlays: A dental inlay is used when the decay or fracture is so extensive that a direct restoration, such as amalgam or composite, would not be effective. In such situations Dr. Rich will discuss with you the possibility of an inlay restoration. While more expensive than direct restorations, the superiority of an inlay in terms of resistance to occlusal forces, protection against recurrent decay, precision of fabrication, and ease of cleansing offers an excellent alternative. With proper care, your inlay or onlay will increase your overall health and brighten your smile for years to come.
- Root Canal: Root canal therapy, or Endodontic treatment as it is formally called, is necessary when a tooth becomes badly decayed or infected. "Root canal" is the term used to describe the pulp or pulp chamber within the root canal of the tooth. The tooth's nerve lies within the root canal and root canal therapy is necessary when the pulp becomes inflamed or infected. Left untreated, the inflammation or infection can cause a variety of serious health risks. Severe toothache, discoloration of the tooth and swelling and inflammation of the gums can be symptoms of the need for root canal therapy.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontic treatment may be prescribed by Dr. Rich to correct teeth and jaws that are positioned improperly. Crooked teeth and teeth that do not fit together correctly are harder to keep clean, are at risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease, and can lead to headaches, TMJ disorder and orofacial pain. Dr. Rich is experienced in applying many different types of orthodontic appliances, both fixed and removable. These appliances work by placing gentle pressure on the teeth and jaws to correct the positioning. The severity of your problem will determine which orthodontic approach Dr. Rich will recommend as being the most effective.
F. Anthony Rich, DDS - Dentist Newport Beach
1617 Westcliff Drive Suite 210
Newport Beach CA 92660