Replacing the teeth through dentures is the best way to help improve your smile. It will support your facial muscles from sagging and will provide you with a more youthful appearance.
Made of acrylic plastic or sometimes porcelain and metal materials, dentures can resemble natural tissue and teeth.- a great help in eating and speaking more comfortably.
To determine if you’re a candidate for dentures and which option is right for you, visit or call Newport Beach dentist for an examination of your gums and bone structures. Here are some few denture types you should know:
- Dentures can be a full set of teeth or called the Full dentures. It replaces teeth in upper jaw, covers the gums and roof of the mouth and allows the entire set of false teeth to firmly sit.
- A partial denture on the other hand fills some teeth gap and is attached to a gum-colored plastic base. Partial dentures are removable and has internal attachments which could also prevent the other teeth from changing position.
While you may be advised to wear your dentures constantly even while you sleep, in normal circumstances it is best to remove it at night and soak in cleansing solution or water for this will allow your gum tissue to rest.
Dentures should be kept clean (not just white) to keep the mouth clean and healthy. The Newport Beach Dentist enumerates some guidelines especially for the new denture wearers, on what are expected in denture use:
*Denture users will feel awkward and uncomfortable eating for days or even weeks and some slight change in facial appearance and in the salivary flow are expected too.
* Denture adhesives is recommended to improve the retention and stability of dentures. This will help boost the self-confidence of the wearers.
* Brush and remove denture daily using a denture cleaner brush or a soft toothbrush.
* Boiling water to sterilize is a no-no because it can cause the denture to lose its shape.
* For partial denture wearers, make sure to soak it in a denture cleanser or water .
* Before brushing your natural teeth, dentures should be removed.
* To avoid misplacing it, store it in the same place.
It is important to visit your Newport Beach dentist if your dentures don’t fit well for this will cause mouth irritation, crack, chip or breaks. It is also recommended to have it remade or readjusted every five to seven years.