Many people shy away from smiling wider and living with confidence because of damaged or missing teeth. If the missing teeth had ever made you less confident or it is difficult for you to bite food, see your Newport Beach dentist. The dentist can help fix your problem so that you can have the best oral health.
Below are the popular dental treatments you can choose from.
Dental implants are substitutes of your teeth roots. Implants provide a consistent and strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable teeth and can enhance your smile. The Newport Beach dentist places implants by fixing metal screws into the gum bone. The implants will serve as artificial roots for the crowns, which are the visible portion of the teeth.
Pros of Dental Implants:
- Improved appearance and speech: Dental implants closely resemble your own teeth. They are designed to fuse with the bone permanently. Dental implants are the best dental inventions because they cannot slip out like dentures. Dentures can slip inside the mouth if they are poorly fitted, making you murmur or slur your words.
- Makes eating easy and improve oral wellbeing: Sliding dentures can make biting difficult. Dental implants act like your own teeth, enabling you to eat your preferred food with certainty and without pain. They don’t require trimming of the other teeth. Since closeby teeth don’t need to be trimmed, most of your teeth are left as is.
- Improve strength and confidence: Implants are truly strong and will last numerous years, with some even lasting a lifetime.
- Comfort: Dental implants are as comfortable as our own teeth since it is fixed. They are not removable, unlike dentures.
Getting a single dental implant will approximately cost you $3,000 to $4,500. If you are looking for a long-lasting yet costly treatment to fill your missing teeth, then you should consult your Newport Beach dentist.
Dental bridges literally link the space created by one or more missing teeth.
A dental bridge is often a set of pontics, which are attached to the crowns of abutment teeth. Dental bridges are maintained by natural teeth or by implants.
Pros of Dental Bridge
- Restore your beautiful smile.
- Restore the capacity to properly speak and chew for better digestion to maintain the shape of your face.
- Dental bridges distribute the forces applied while chewing by substituting missing teeth.
- Dental bridge Prevent remaining teeth from moving out of position.
Bridges are a better option than dentures, but they need regular care to prevent gum problems. The surface under the bridge needs to be cleaned daily. Apart from that, it needs professional cleaning once in every six months to maintain the longevity of the dental bridge. A dental bridge with one pontic and two crowns would approximately cost between $2,000 and $5,000.
Are you looking for dentures which are budget-friendly and which can fill the gap in between your teeth? Removable dentures are artificial teeth that can be fitted with the gums and removed when required. You can get a partial denture or a complete set of dentures depending upon your oral needs. The Newport Beach dentist is ready to provide you with the best removable denture.
Pros of a Removable denture
- The denture conduct heat and cold, which helps it feel natural in the mouth.
- Removable dentures are cost-effective.
- No invasive treatment is needed for dentures, and it can be repaired easily.
- You can remove the denture at night and wear it at the day time.
As mentioned above, the dentures are budget-friendly. A single denture will cost you around $300 to $500. If you are planning on getting a complete set of dentures (upper and lower), the cost would be no more than $1000. Since it is an inexpensive dental procedure, it has some cons too. It can cause mouth sores, bone loss, gums recession, and alteration in the face frame. Embarrassing clicking noises, difficulty in eating and talking, and sliding are some common complaints of denture wearers. Dentures also break easily.
The Newport Beach dentist will guide you about the best treatment option suitable for your mouth. He will perform a comprehensive examination which includes taking notes of your dental and medical histories to avoid any contradiction to your treatment plan. He is a professional dentist who cares about your smile and your overall health.